2019 Scholarship Application Now Available
The South Dakota Association of Towns & Townships is offering one $500 and one $1000 scholarship to senior high school students who complies with the following:
- Must be a graduate of the class of 2019
- Must currently attend a South Dakota public, private, parochial high school or a home school program
- Must reside in a town or township who is a current member of SDATAT (Click the following link to see if your town or township is a member: towntownshipmembers.pdf)
- The student must use the scholarship for a college, university, or vocational school which has a physical presence in South Dakota.
- Applicants must complete an application form (Found here SDATAT_scholarship_information.pdf ) and submit it along with a written essay on this year’s topic:
‘South Dakota codified law 8-5-1 identifies required meetings for townships. Research the history, purpose and organizational structure of townships, then attend one of the local meetings of a township. Report what you learned and your interest in this area of government.’ And include this information in the essay.
The winners will be announced in May. However, the actual scholarship money will be paid to the financial office of the chosen schools in the fall of 2020. The winners and their family will be invited to be guests at the SDATAT annual meeting in December 2019. Deadline for application is April 1, 2019.
For more information contact:
SDATAT 2019 Scholarship Program
PO BOX 903
Huron, SD 57350
"THE MISSION OF THE SOUTH DAKOTA ASSOCIATION OF TOWNS & TOWNSHIPS IS TO SERVE, PRESERVE AND REPRESENT SMALL TOWNS & TOWNSHIPS"
P.O. Box 903
South Dakota Association of Towns & Townships
Huron, South Dakota 57350
Please Help Us to Help You and Fill Out Our Annual Educational Conference Survey